Monday, August 3, 2009

Money Makes the World Go 'Round. . .


Dear Veggie,

I am in receipt of your latest email from Paris and so have the following to report on the two action items you requested:
  1. I have transferred some additional money into your bank account - and YES you will pay me back as soon as you get home (and by "home" I assume you're referring to your new home in the U.K.)
  2. The lady from the bank would not take my word for it that you were - in fact - out of the country and informed me that you need to phone the bank in person. The toll-free number is 1-888-IAM-RICH. The very same lady also reminded me that you should have notified them of your overseas jaunts before leaving the states, and added that it was very irresponsible of you to forget your other card as you flitted off to Paris. And when I told her what happened the last time you visited the City of Lights (which, if you need a little memory refresher, you can read all about right here) she asked to verify my address (in order to send me a sympathy card, no doubt. . . )
And so now I hope you appreciate - that for the second time in your short veggie-loving life - your mother has had to come to your rescue and bail you out of Paris.
Now go kiss some frogs.