Monday, July 5, 2010

Why Should You Care that A Mom on Spin's Cleaning Lady Drives A Land Rover?

I'll tell you why you should care what my Cleaning Lady drives.

Because A Mom on Spin still drives White Ice - her trusty 1999 minivan with 118,000 miles on her

 . . . while the Cleaning Lady drives a $50,000 Land Rover.

Now some may say it's funny.


Some may say it's ironic.


Some may even go as far as to say that it's just what I deserve.


But I'm here to tell you that it's plain-old not fair.  That - and about a million other things in my life that have me spinning my wheels time and time again to no avail.


Oh, and don't you think I don't know what you're thinking. . . So clean your own house and put the money you save into a car payment!


And I would reply that I already work a million-or-so-hours a week and the measly sum that I pay said Cleaning Lady to come to my house every-other Wednesday wouldn't even pay for a lease on a Hyundai and haven't you watched the Real Housewives of New Jersey or the Jersey Shore show (even if I haven't) 'cause everyone knows that Jersey and cleaning ladies go hand-in-hand and plus she doubles as a Feng Shui expert moving things in my house around and arranging them "just so" in order for us to garner the right Chi 'cause God knows where I would be if my Chi were any more messed up than it already is (not the expensive hair straightener, silly. . . thanks to my daughters I already own two of the $130 Chi's. . . no, I'm talking about energy. . . karma kind of stuff here. . . ) and at any rate you should mind your own business and not give a fiddler's fart why I choose to employ a cleaning lady 'cause I despise cleaning and if I had to do it all by myself (for we already know that Drip Dry and those girls never lift a finger to help me around this house) then when-oh-when would I find time for blogging???


And if you then proceed to tell me that there's no need for me to get so huffy and talk in run-on sentences, I'd inform you once and for all that you can hop out of my car and walk home all by yourself.

Plus. . . I really don't want to fix the problems in my life. 

I just want to complain about them.


So, for all who choose to come along with me. . . I say,  Sit back and enjoy the ride!


'Cause this is A Mom on Spin's new place.  A place where I complain and you listen. . . where I misuse punctuation as I see fit . . . throw words like "akimbo" and "fiddler's fart" about to my heart's content. . . and where, when I use the word "thong", hopefully I'm referring to a flip-flop. 


In short, it's a place where I cry and you laugh.


 At me.


Yup.  It's a place where you get to laugh at me. . . .




Looking to post a comment?  Read my sidebar to see why I don't want anyone talking back anymore.


And if you've gotten this post via an email, come on over to check out the new look for yourself . . . .http://www.amomonspin.com/