Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Know. . . but Does It Hurt to Get Poked?




So I have belatedly - and reluctantly - joined the world of facebook.  And I have to admit that I don't quite get it yet.

Could someone please answer the following questions for me? 




  • Why should I care who other people are "friends" with?
  • Can I declare a "bestest" friend?
  • Does it hurt to get poked?
  • Does it suddenly become "news" if I pinky-swear with someone?
  • Why should I care who "likes" what?
  • Is my wall soundproof? 
  • Did I ever really lose all of these people I suddenly must find? 
  • Will prisoners be friending me if Veggie says my profile picture looks like a mug shot
  • What should I do if I don't have anything on my mind?

I honestly don't get it. 

Was facebook created by Mean Girls?  Paparazzi?  Professional voyeurs?  Or is it actually the AP wire service on speed?

I don't know about you, but I miss the days when writing on someone's wall involved crayons and a spanking. . .