Sunday, March 4, 2012

Switched at Birth

Went to a different pet store for another mouse viewing again yesterday. . . this time my husband came with me.

And it got to be almost blase.

Ho hum.

Boring.

I stood by and watched dutifully as the employee pulled out the aquariums, stuck her hands in there, and gave each of the little critter-things a water bottle.  And I was ever-so-close to asking her if I could hold the "fancy" mouse (for if you had to hold a mouse wouldn't you want it to be a "fancy" one???) when a rude little girl came and stole the pet shop lady's attention away from me just because she wanted to hold a hamster. . .

But still. . .  I came home and felt like I had accomplished something.

Until.

Well until . .

Until Veggie stopped by and I told her about my "exposure" exploits and she said,  If you want "exposure" just come visit me at work and we'll go down to the subway together.  I see rats everyday!

SHE SEES RATS EVERYDAY!?!?!

The little girl I gave birth to SEES RATS EVERYDAY while waiting to ride to and from work in the New York City Subway stations!  And she hasn't packed up and moved to Montana?

You only have to look down at the tracks while you're waiting and you'll see them, she told me.  But they don't often climb up on the platform.   I only saw that happen once. . . . there were about eight of them - big ones - and they ran into an office and down a hole.

HOLY SHIT!  

WAS THIS CHILD SWITCHED AT BIRTH? 

AND JUST WHOSE DAUGHTER IS SHE ANYWAY???

There are no more words.  . .