Sunday, April 2, 2017

My First Sjogren's Patient Conference



I had a great weekend at the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation's National Patient Conference with Ponzi and Veggie.

So many wonderful doctors committed to the cause.  Such a good vibe in the room.  So exciting to meet other Sjogren's patients for the first time!  And absolutely worthwhile to see Veggie and Ponzi become energized and want to work to raise both awareness and funds for the fight against Sjogren's!

And then there were the major scores:
  • I got a chance to introduce myself to the physician I am scheduled to see at Johns Hopkins THIS TUESDAY!
  • I handed a draft manuscript of my book to the CEO of the foundation and asked him to write an endorsement.
  • Veggie walked up to one of the presenters, a premier rheumatologist at U Penn, and told him she was a first year medical school student interested in rheumatology and he invited her to shadow in his clinic so he could teach her what he knows.
Scores on all three fronts!