Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Chemo Infusion Center on Ugly Sweater Day




Only me.

This could only happen to me.

Perhaps this is to remind me how lucky I am to have diseases that are chronic, not fatal.   Perhaps it is to at last get me in the Christmas spirit.

Bah Humbug!

All I wanted when I walked in the door was to crawl into a ball and let the benedryl, steroids, and Rituxan drip slowly into me.   To get a pillow and blanket or two from the warmer and hide myself in soulful silence: Meditations on headphones, audio books, and haunting Celtic carols on an iPod. You know, songs like In the Bleak Midwinter.

Instead, here I am in the middle of Cancer Christmas.  Headband horns, Christmas bells, and snowman leggings.  Light-up Rudolph noses and gift-wrap "bow"es.  Santa hats and reindeer mats.  Chemo drips and recipe tips.

 I even got a free lunch.

Hah!