Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ten reasons why every day should be election day



I'm convinced that every day should be like election day.


Why? you ask.

I'll give you ten reasons:


  1. I was granted the day off from work (under the pretense, mind you, that I was "expected" to work at the polls) but fully intended to sleep in until . . .
  2. alas, the distinct sound of a cat with a furball at the foot of my bed rudely awakened me. . .
  3. but that early rising spurred me on to vote because. . .
  4. my husband went out as an advance party on his way to work to report on the polling place and tell me if there were any "unfriendlys" hanging about - ready to guilt me into staying and working as a poll-watcher all day. . .
  5. which, dutifully he did - even feeling the need to tell me about the two cupcakes he had purchased from the ladies axillary bakesale - and to my great joy, also told me that the coast was clear for me to go vote so. . .
  6. donning my grey cape (with the hood just in case) I drove to the polling place and voted quite uneventfully. . .
  7. causing me to return home in a jubilant mood and settle in to watch the cable news channels on the family's oversized flat-screen tv - the one that always brings on my motion sickness - which, of course - it did . . . .
  8. which then led me to turn my attention to the page-turner which has been putting me to sleep each evening - and, as predicted - fell into a snugly afternoon nap. . .
  9. from which I was awakened by a "friendly" call from my political party (and if you think I answered that one, you have seriously misjudged my aptitude for avoidance) but none-the-less it awakened me so. . .
  10. I could spend endless hours on the internet, write this little blog post, and have no time to make the "family" dinner - causing me to quickly order Chinese take out instead!


Hey, isn't that what being an American is all about?
Yes, everyday should be like election day!



Don't you agree????