Monday, December 1, 2008

I Did Not Survive the Weekend Because of my Teenage Daughters

Well, here we are. . . the second week of my I Survived the Weekend in Spite of my Teenage Daughters posting - and already the weekend did not qualify. Let me review the criteria for "surviving" as put forth in last week's post.


In order to qualify, the following must be true regarding the preceding three nights and two days:

  1. No phone calls from the local police department.
  2. No little "incidents" to raise our car insurance rates.
  3. No trips to the Emergency Room.
  4. Every water bottle on the premises was found to contain H2O and not Vodka.
  5. Miscellaneous out-of-pocket withdrawals from parents totaled less than $100.
  6. No unauthorized use of credit cards.
  7. Total of all iTune debits less than $10.
  8. No interesting "discoveries" found while dumpster-diving through piles of clothing on bedroom floors.
  9. No truancy, detention, deficiency, unpaid ticket or license-revoked notices received in the mail.
    and last, but certainly not least,
  10. No . . . . I hate you's!

Well, if you read yesterday's post you already know that my youngest daughter blew item #5 on her best friend's birthday. (In my humble opinion $180 is too much for any parent to fork over for a night out.)

We also had a very close call with item #2 when my husband discovered that one daughter had put 3,000 miles on her car in one single month! (Where was that girl driving driving ????)

#9 is questionable as well because a credit card with a $3,000 credit limit arrived in the mail and was snatched up in no time by Daughter #1.

And as for #10. . . Does the phrase You don't deserve to know anything about my life! equal an I hate you!???

It sure felt like it to me at the time it was said.

Let's face it. . . it was a LONG weekend. Wish me better luck next time!