Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why is sarcasm the lowest form of wit?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit since its aim is to belittle or hurt someone,
and to laugh at their expense;
we associate the word "cutting" with it.
On the other hand, true wit associates with the word "levity",
and boosts everyone's spirits, being aimed at an action, a happening or an attitude.
Mary Purnell

It has finally happened.

I have offended someone.

As you know, this blog is an attempt to view my life with my teenage daughters through humor -and yes, I very often poke fun at my own family; knowing I am treading a very thin line between humor and sarcasm in order to do it.

But my sarcasm should never involve my daughters' friends.

I apologize to my daughter, her friend, and her family.

I'm sorry that - in my attempt to get a laugh - I exaggerated the truth behind a story, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.