Monday, April 27, 2009

Trust me. . . your mental health is just fine


So with all of this new-found Trust making its way through our household, Ponzi must have thought, I'm gonna get me some! because she came paddling into my room at 6:45 this morning - a teenager with a mission. . .


Ponzi: Mom, Suzie and Julie are going to the beach today. Their moms are letting them take a mental health day. Can I go with them?


Me: No


Ponzi: Why?


Me: Because I said so.


Ponzi: But why not????


Me: I don't have to explain it to you. My answer is no.


Ponzi: Why won't you tell me why not????


Me: You want an answer???? I'll give you why not. . . becauseyoujustfreakin'frackin'gotbackfromtheGDbeachyesterdaywhereyourfatherandIdroveyouagainstourbetterjudmentand youwouldn'teventellmehowtheretreatwentandifanyoneneedsamentalhealthdayit'smeforputtingupwiththelikesof you,sotrustme!yourmentalhealthisjustfine!!!!!!!!!!


At which point, Ponzi turned and stormed out of the room.


I'm sure you're all reassured to know that - when it comes to doling out permission - I haven't completely lost my marbles. . .




Oh, and p.s.??? She's gonna do it one day. . . just to let you know. . .