Thursday, June 11, 2009

let Me Introduce You to My Old Friend, "Proma"


Do you remember my old friend, Proma?

Well, she's back. . .

Times two.

That's correct. I have have two daughters going to Prom tonight.

And today, my friends, has not been pretty. For certain unnamed individuals in our household have been a tad bit uptight today. And no amount of money spent. . . no make up. . . no set of sticky boobs. . . no perfectly pedicured toes. . . will make it go away.

Consider this phone call I received at work today.

Ponzi: Just letting you know that I'm writing myself a note to excuse myself from school at 1:45 and I'm signing your name to it.

Me: Why? Your hair appointment isn't until 3:00. Your nails were done yesterday. You don't need to leave school early.


Ponzi: But I have to pack. . .


Me: Pack? Where on earth do you think you're going?


Ponzi: Tim's house. Remember? I told you the other night.


Me: No, you asked me the other night. And I said we would have to talk about it with your father. We talked about it, and he said no.

Ponzi: You never told me I couldn't go!

Me: Did you ever ask again? Did I ever tell you that you could go?

Ponzi: But you never said I couldn't go. . . .

Me: Well, feel free to call your father right now and ask him. . .

Ponzi: Fine! But I hope you're happy! You've ruined my entire night!!!




Or. . . how about this call received later in the day. . .



Trigger: Mom!

Me: Yes?

Trigger: Do we have umbrellas?

Me: (innocently not understanding the nature of the question. . . .) What do you mean?


Trigger: WHAT DO YOU MEAN. . . WHAT DO I MEAN???? I ASKED IF WE HAD UMBRELLAS. . . EITHER WE HAVE THEM OR WE DON'T . . . WHAT'S SO HARD ABOUT THAT????

Me: Well, I have a couple in my car if that's what you're asking. . .

Trigger: WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN YOUR CAR??? WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN WE GET OUR HAIR DONE? GO OUT IN THE RAIN?????



Or perhaps this. . . .

Ponzi: Mom! Dad's not answering his cell. . . . YOU TELL ME WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO NOW!!!!


Oh Shit!
In the absence of my craptop I'm using Ponzi's MacBook while she was otherwise occupied and I just got discovered by one of her non-promming friends who popped up saying How could you possibly be online????

Gotta go. . . .

I'm doomed!!!!