Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Reason Veggie Has a Sore Butt

I almost titled this post. . . And to think I used to worry when she stayed out past midnight!
or perhaps. . . And to think I never thought I'd get that child potty trained!
or even. . . Why I'm glad I learned to let go. . .
What the hell. . . I'm sure you don't care to know what I almost named this post. . . but I need to tell you right now that her butt is not sore because never got potty trained. . . you have to read to post to understand exactly why Veggie's butt is sore. . . I know. . . if I don't shut up. . . you'll never get a chance to read the post. . .
~~~~~~~~~~


Before leaving for her job in England (notice I didn't say. . . moving to England. . . cause I'm in denial. . . . ) Veggie and her friend planned a road trip to say goodbye to their good friend in Colorado. I thought you might like a little review of her whirlwind trip. . .



Sunday

Veggie: Okay, I'm leaving for Maryland now to start my big road trip. I'll call you each night from the road.


Monday

Veggie: I made it to Chicago. We even stopped in South Bend to see Brad.


Tuesday

Veggie: But I didn't need to call you tonight. I told you before we left. . . we're spending two nights in Chicago.

Wednesday

Veggie: Omaha. . . Of course that's the one Nebraska. . .


Thursday
Voicemail: Hi Mom and Dad, it's Veggie. We broke down in Nebraska and we're spending the night at a Holiday Inn. The car will be fixed first thing in the morning. . . .



Friday

Veggie: We finally made it! We're in Colorado! We had to drop Steve off in Wyoming first. . . .
Saturday

Voicemail: We're on the way to Susie's grandparents' house in Kansas. We think we'll probably be there around midnight. . .



Sunday

Text Message: University of Kentucky! We'll be back in Maryland tomorrow!



Monday

Veggie: I picked up my car at Susie's, but I'm not going to come home right away. . . . Amy doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to Annapolis to say goodbye to her.



Tuesday

Veggie: I'm driving to D.C. to see Matt. . . I'll be home tomorrow!



Wednesday
Ponzi: Oh, I forgot to tell you. . Veggie was home for about an hour and then Jenny called her and she needed to go pick her up in Connecticut. . . but then she called and said they're taking the train into the city. . . she'll be home tomorrow. . . she promises. . .



Thursday
Veggie: Yes, I'm home. . . . Dinner? Well, I may not actually be home for dinner. . . .