Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Ten Commandments of Blogging (Brought down the mountain one at a time by A Mom on Spin . . . )

Why, whadda know???? It's my Anni-bloga-versary!

That's right! Exactly one year ago today A Mom on Spin (the blog - mind you) was born. 

So now that I have now officially become a Blogging Diva, I thought I would take this opportunity to impart to you my vision of how blogging should be. . . a few little rules and suggestions that I like to call. . .


The Ten Commandments of Blogging

(Brought down the mountain one at a time by A Mom on Spin. . .)

  1. I am A Mom on Spin, and you shall read no other blogs before mine.
  2. Thou shalt not use A Mom on Spin's name in vain. But you shall, instead, link to my name and blog at every opportunity.
  3. Keep short your blog posts. A line or two for the rest of you should do. . . all the more time we can spend at my blog. . .
  4. Honor the blogging Diva - always in the form of a comment.
  5. Thou shalt not speed read A Mom on Spin. Every word is carefully chosen to enlighten and improve the quality of your life. Don't miss a single one!
  6. Thou shalt not use certain acronyms when commenting on this blog. . . Okay, I get what LOL means, but no one has enlightened me as to what the LMAO thing is. And no more snorting coffee out your nose 'cause I'm so funny. . . that's just plain old TMI.
  7. Thou shalt not lurk. I understand that's it's often hard to come up with witty, pithy, and original comments to my blog posts - and so, as of today, the following new acromyns will be accepted and expected: ICIRIL (I came, I read, I laughed. . .) ICIRIC (I came, I read, I cried. . . cause sometimes I can be really touching like that. . . ) and finally. . . ICIRIG (I came, I read, I'm gone. . .)
  8. You shalt not be funnier than A Mom on Spin. (A sort of an oxi-moronic phrase, I know. . .)
  9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's (that would mean me, folks. . .) blog.
and last, but not least. . .

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's (me again!) followers. . . or elipses. . . you shouldn't covet them either. . . or my sharp wit. . . or my daughters. . . my job. . . or Mr. Drip Dry if you think he's covetable. . . don't you dare covet him . . . or my dog, 'cause she really is the best dog in the world. . . sorry, folks. . . but she has that title wrapped up. . . no coveting. . . you hear me. . . coveting is NOT allowed. . . . no coveting. period.



And if anyone wants to read A Mom on Spin's first-ever blog post . . . well, you really should. . . .because - Diva or not - it's somehow comforting to know that life hasn't changed much for her in the last year. . .