Saturday, July 21, 2012

Burned by My Ch'i

Now I don't know about you, but I have spent a significant amount of time wondering about my Ch'i. . .  you know . . .my life's energy.

And I'm here to tell you that - in addition to being uniquely gifted with extremely bad Car-ma - my Ch'i is pretty messed up too.

Case in point. . .

The other night my old lady bladder woke me up some time around 2:00 a.m. and - not wanting to deprive Drip Dry of his beauty sleep -  I hobbled to my daughters' bathroom.   And I know that you will find this hard to believe, but I really wasn't on my game in the wee-hours of the morning like that and so I had a strange thought upon seeing Trigger's $130 Chi hair straightener plugged in and sitting on the counter.  And that strange thought was, Gee. . . I wonder if that blasted Trigger turned this thing off or whether she left it in the "on" position again like the gazillion times I've told her not to so that sucker is going to burn a hole in my bathroom countertop. . .

Now, upon reflection, it wasn't the thought that was so strange.  (The thought, my friends, was spot on. . .)

It was the action.

The action of picking that hair straightener up by placing each of the fingertips of my left hand on the 450 degree ceramic surface of the appliance!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!  How could I do that?

It was my bad Ch'i, my friends.

My very, very bad Ch'i. . .

And did I mention I'm left-handed????