Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Was It Chip? Or Dale?

In case you haven't noticed, I am very adept at complaining about the way in which I wake up each morning.  I may tell you that I have a "skin ache", or that I've ripped my cornea open, or that I can't move my shoulder, or that my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth. 

All very logical and worthy complaints.

But I have never yet told you about my most feared of all rude awakenings.  And it happened to me this morning.

This very morning.

One minute my cat was all cozy, sleeping on the bed with me.
And it seemed the next he gave a strange cry and I opened my eyes and saw this:

Oh, I'm so unnerved!

As you may suppose, there weren't quite two chipmunks in that cat's mouth.  No, there was only one which he promptly dropped on the floor of my bedroom the moment he heard my first shriek.  Perhaps he, himself, was alarmed that I did not accept his "present" in the way he intended.

What I do know is that I need to take a moment to thank the Good Lord here are now for three things.
  1. Veggie and her boyfriend were in the house.
  2. The cat did not get a chance to jump up onto my bed with his intended present.
  3. I had ordered shoes from Zappos.
Because for the next hour, Veggie, her boyfriend, and the cat all rustled and tussled around in my bedroom until the chipmunk at long last ended up in the shoe box while the dog and I sat cowering downstairs.