Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How dysfunctional can one family be???


I'm almost embarrassed to tell you this story, but it's just too funny to keep to myself. . .

Remember how I told you last night that my second daughter was hobbling around with arthritis (so much so that it even hurt to move her trigger finger) and that her sister had taken the last of the prescription anti-inflammatory medicine because she also suffers from arthritis???

Well it turns out that she didn't take the last of that medication after all.

Just this morning I went to round up my own prescription cocktail and reached for a bottle that I thought had one pill left in it. Let me rephrase that. . . I know that it had one pill left because I had phoned in a refill on that particular prescription along with the anti-inflammatory and left both near-empty bottles on a kitchen shelf. (For those of you wondering, yes - I always keep my own medication in a zipper pouch away from my daughters', but hey, there was only one pill left and I was going to need it in the morning. . . ) Now suddenly there was only one bottle on that shelf, and it had my daughter's name on it.

(Do you see where I'm going with this one????)

And then I remembered Ponzi coming to me in the middle of the night telling me she didn't feel right . . . that she felt funny, shaky, and couldn't sleep. . .but she didn't think she was going to throw up . . .

It was at that moment that I knew for sure.

Ponzi Girl didn't take the last anti-inflammatory! She took her mother's anti. . . anti. . . (well, let's just stay on the positive side here and say . . .) she took the last of her mother's "pro-happy" pills instead!!!!!


Tell me. . .do you think I can sneak one to Trigger tonight????

p.s. If anyone is even thinking of calling DYFS on me, you'll live to regret it. They may just grant you custody of my daughters!!!