Monday, March 9, 2009

The reason I like the Irish



Even best Haiku,


superbly written, can't win


the Lim'rick contest.




But you can!!! Submit your Limerick today!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Call to friendly Funeral Director this afternoon (to apologize for my inability to form a sentence when meeting his wife at one of the Irish High Holy Day events last Friday night, due to what I can only deduce from my headache the next morning was a little over-inbibement of the sacramental wine at the event . . . )

Me: Brian, I'm so sorry for being silly when I met your wife on Friday night! Jesus! I couldn't string enough words together to form a sentence! I was tongue tied! She must think I'm an absolute nut! I was up half the night kicking myself. (Of course, you know the other half of the night I couldn't kick myself because of having to keep my foot on the floor to stop the room from spinning. . . but still, the moment I could free my foot from the floor, I started kicking myself!)

Him: That??? Don't worry about that. She had about two bottles of wine in her anyway. . .I'm sure she doesn't even remember meeting you!

And that, my friends, is the beauty of the Irish!!!!