Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Family therapy warm up


You know, I'm not really one for exercising. . . but if I were to dig deep into the recesses of my mind, I vaguely remember something about warming up. . . you know. . . like doing stretches and things to get your muscles primed for what is about to hit them. Well this little incident my friends, is what I like to think of as family therapy warm up . . . for I can think of no other reason that a husband would sit in a waiting room and start throwing blame around. . .
Oh. . . and for those of you who know me???? This is a hypothetical incident/scenario. . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Husband to wife in waiting room of therapist's office where they have gone to discuss one particular daughter. . . That ________ (mentions name of another daughter who they are clearly not there to discuss) is a slob! Did you see her room? All three of them are slobs! They must get that from you!


Wife to husband in state of disbelief . . . .Me? I'm as neat as a pin! They do not get it from me!


Husband again. . . Well have you ever tried to open one of their drawers? They're all overstuffed. Just like yours! There isn't a drawer or a closet in the house that you haven't overstuffed! You don't see my drawers overstuffed. . . do you????


Wife - clearly now in an act of self defense . . . No, my dear, your drawers are not overstuffed! Not overstuffed at all . . . .