Friday, September 4, 2009

Dear Mr. Police Officer Who Dared to Give Me a Ticket Last Year. . .



Well what do you know?

We meet again!

I know that when I wrote that letter of complaint to the Mayor and cc'd the Police Chief of Florham Park, N.J., I was still going to be expected to pay the fine.

And that was. . .well. . . Fine!

But I wanted them to know that police officers like you were making Florham Park, N.J. a very unfriendly place to shop, lunch, or visit.

Now I won't go into the whole sorry episode - although I still believe that sitting behind the steering wheel of a running car at 8:00 a.m. in the morning waiting for a teenage daughter to exit Dunkin' Donuts did not constitute "parking".

But let's move beyond that eighty-five dollar fiasco, shall we . . .

Don't you think I didn't recognize you this afternoon. . . approaching those cute young girls standing outside of the local grocery store giving out free samples and coupons of Ciao Bella gelato . . .
Did you not get it? They were making people happy! Yes, happy!!! End of summer + pink and yellow + cute little van + free gelato = HAPPY! Just because someone higher up their foodchain didn't apply for a permit for "soliciting on the sidewalk" didn't mean you had to swagger your sorry ass over to them and shut down their operation.

I have one word for you Mr. Police Officer Who Dared to Give Me My First and Only Ticket Ever Last Year. Or perhaps it's two words. . .

Kill.

Joy!



For more fun correspondence, go visit Kat. . . 'cause she's where it's at!




I'll be away for a few days. . . soaking in the last rays of summer. . . but don't y'all worry. . . I've left a few things for you while I'm gone. . .