Monday, September 21, 2009

Last I Checked, the Dog Still Loved Me. . .

Just wanted to leave a little note to tell Mr. Drip Dry and (not only one, but. . . ) two of my daughters that apologies are now being accepted.

Here.

Apologies are being accepted here.



Oh. . . and just in case any/all of you have trouble with the phraseology of said apologies, I suggest you try the following. . .

I'm sorry I didn't call you.  I'm sorry I hung up on you.   I'm sorry I called you at work to say I'm sorry that I hung up on you, 'cause I know that you know that I know that you can't talk there. . .

I'm sorry I lost my debit card.  I'm sorry used my debit card once-too-often.  I'm sorry I accused you of not teaching our daughters how to be financially responsible.

I'm sorry I yelled.  I'm sorry I bitched.   I'm sorry I gave you the silent treatment.

I'm sorry to tell you that even though I swore I wouldn't go on my little country-hopping jaunt, I'm still going.

Or how about this one???

I'm sorry that, after countless panicked phone calls about the non-receipt of my debit card and absolutely insisting that you mail cash to me, I opened my mailbox only to discover that the debit card had been in there all along. . .the discovery of which does not negate the fact that - once I retrieved it - I lost it again.

I'm sorry that I was all proprietary about my therapist.   I guess I can share her with other family members.

I'm sorry about the accusations . . . I'm sorry about the nit-picking. . . I'm sorry that I treat you like a doormat.

I'm sorry that I took back the at-work apology, swearing it was no longer valid.

Or why don't you all just try this???

I'm sorry that I lured you into a false sense of security and led you to believe you could abandon your anti-depression meds. . .

Or. . .

I'm sorry that I drove you to a stress-induced mac and cheese pig-out, leaving your lips chapped from the stickiness of the Velveeta?

Oh, but this all-inclusive one would hit the jackpot. . .

I'm sorry that I don't always recognize you for the beautiful, talented, selfless, wonderful mother/wife/friend/love-of-my-life that A Mom on Spin is . . . .



There must be more they need to apologize for. . . help me out here!!!!!