Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Misery Loves Company. . .

Phone conversation overheard earlier today between mother and daughter while groggy mother is at work . . . 

~~~~~~~~~~
Trigger:   Mom!

Trigger:  Mom!

Me:  Yes?

Trigger:  Did you get my text?  Why didn't you get back to me?

Me:  You know, Trig, I did get that text.  But I didn't really appreciate the fact that you sent it to me at 3 in the morning, so I didn't respond to it.

Trigger:  Well I didn't want to forget.

Me:  How was it that you needed to tell me to refill your prescription at that particular moment and couldn't wait until morning?  Were you in terrible pain?  Are you out of medicine?

Trigger:  No, but I only have five left.

Me:   I think it could have waited until morning. . .

Trigger:  You always tell me not to sleep with my phone. . . . why do you?

Me:   Because, my dear, I use my phone as my alarm clock.   You know I have GSD (Goldilocks Sleep Disorder) and I need a mobile alarm clock.  As it was, I happened to be in the third and final bed of the night.  And after your little text message I didn't get back to sleep until 5!

Trigger:  Well you could have texted me back.  I was awake you know.  . . .