Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Pithy Reply to My Garage Door Opener

Dear Garage Door Opener (hereafter known as GDO because I've promised to be pithy.)

I thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the comings-and-goings of my college-aged daughters.  And, in response, I have a few words of wisdom for you. .  .

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!

Now GDO, you're welcome to employ a little coping mechanism that Drip Dry and I have found to be most useful throughout the course of this tumultuous summer:

KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND DON'T SAY A WORD!

In fact, Drip Dry and I hardly speak at all anymore while in the house. . , because we know that Ponzi and Trigger are trying their hardest to employ the old tactic of Divide and Conquer.

No, much better to keep your eye on the prize and say as few words as possible.

Only motivational phrases like,  Three more weeks. . . or, Two more days. .  .are allowed.   These phrases, of course, refer to the DATE OF DELIVERY. . .  the day that PONZI AND TRIGGER RETURN TO SCHOOL.  Every other musing or answer to a random question could be misconstrued, misinterpreted, misquoted, and mis-attributed.

And so, my old friend, GDO . .  I caution you to say nothing. .  . but you may want to creak a little louder when you open for them. . .  or perhaps hit them on their hineys as they duck in late and you swing down. .  .

And, above all, wait for it to pass. 

For I promise it will.
soon. . .