Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't forget the stuffing!


I feel it.

The weather has changed here in the Midatlantic states. There's a crispness to the air that just wasn't there a few days ago.

I feel something else too.

Did you ever watch the wind gather a handful of autumn leaves and whip them into a whirlpoolish shape so that they look like they're all doing some ridiculously round square dance? Well that's exactly the way my stomach feels like right now.

It's all connected, really.

The crisp wind brings Fall . . . Fall brings Leaves. . . Leaves bring Thanksgiving . . . and Thanksgiving brings Christmas!

Get the circle????

I'm sorry people. I tried to reign my Christmas anxiety back in the starting gate as long as I possibly could so you would not be bored when the appropriate time really comes, but despite my best efforts, my anxiety and I seem to be off to the races!

I am a sad, sad, specimen of a female being.
So what if I have a few teenage daughters? They love cash! Who cares if my extended family wouldn't fit at even the Rockefeller's table? I gave up cooking for them years ag0! Does it matter that I have 33 nieces and nephews and 19 siblings and in-laws? I no longer shop for them!

It's the thought people! It's always the thought. . .

I think that that this year somebody better stuff the Thanksgiving turkey with Xanex!