Thursday, December 11, 2008

Conversations with my Teenage Daughters - Part 2





This post needs to be subtitled,

How a few text messages from one teenage daughter can make a stomach virus even more painful. . .




received at 9:07 a.m. i have a migraine again can you make a doctors appointment? and i want to ho home at like 11. so ca you come get me? all you have to do is come in and sign me out saying i have a doctors appointment.

She thinks she has a headache?
Try being up all night with a stomach bug and see how her head feels!
I'm still in the process of trying to text her back when a call comes in. . .


received at 9:09 a.m. Mom, text me back. I'm not supposed to be talking in school!


What is she talking about??? She's the one calling me!
It takes me a while to find those little letters. . .


replied at 9:10 a.m. In home sick have the nurse call me


received at 9:12 a.m. Just text me. No because i need to take a quiz at the beginning of lunch and i'll be done at like eleven. So just come in and say that your geting me because i have a doctors appointment.


replied at 9:12 a.m. On in to the nurse


received at 9:13 a.m. No mom thats not gonna work.


replied at 9:14 a.m. them youre not coming home


received at 9:15 a.m. why that doesn't make any sense. Make me a doctors appointment.


Oh no! Not again! I run to the bathroom. . .



received at 9:22 a.m Mom just come get me please!

received at 9:22 a.m. Mom!


Call placed to husband at 9:28 a.m. I can't find all the little letters it takes to tell her this so you're going to have to do it for me. . . .text that freaking daughter of yours and tell her I'm home sick and that the nurse needs to call me or I'm not coming and getting her! I am not making her a doctor's appointment and I'm not lying about it either!!!! Does she want me to walk into the building and throw up all over everyone???? Oh, my God, I think that's another text. . . . please tell her to stop!






To add the proverbial insult to injury, I don't have texting on my plan, so as far as I can tell, this little exchange has just cost me $2- along with the breakfast I thought had successfully stayed down!